Ocean Media has just published their first game’s public demo and reported the need for feedback. To make the offer more interesting, they’ve promised to display your name in the game credits (in case you test the demo & give some proper feedback) .
My own general comments:
- First I would like to see more screenshots on the website. The game looks so good, so no need to be shy about showing us some pics.
- I really like their logo in game – has nothing to do with the game, but nevertheless – I like it.
- I think the idea is actually quite interesting – it’s different twist on match-3 type of games, and I kind of liked it.
- Graphics were very polished, and the website graphics really lose this battle. The game art is beautiful.
Then some hints & tips for interface & gameplay
- I had small problems with matching the icons because the icons in the game area were bigger than the icons in the right side.
- It could be good if the option screen ‘windows’ opened bit faster, and it wouldn’t hurt to be able to click any of the buttons… instead of ‘back’. You could simply click ‘High Scores’, then click ‘Credits’… and click ‘Play’, rather than ‘High Scores’, ‘Back’, ‘Credits’, ‘Back’ etc.
- Tutorial was okay… but there was bit much info. Would it be possible to show some of the information after each level?
- It could be nice to have some sort of help if you get stuck. Check out how they do this in Big Kahuna Reef (they show tiny graphical hints on where to place things next)
- Gameplay issue: I’m not sure if this last comment help: but I managed to solve first 3-4 levels simply by waving my mouse swiftly – and I happened to match the tiles. Don’t know what you can (or even want) do about this though, but just wanted to mention.
Bottom line: I’m sure there’s lots of casual gamers who would like to play this game – it looks very finished already. Good job.
Now, people – check out the game site & download the demo, and give this guy some feedback.