iDevGames – a great Mac game development community in my opinion – has launched a development contest. Unity, invites developers to put their skills to the test by creating 3D unique games in just 30 days. To enter, simply request a free contest version of Unity Pro, the Mac-based cutting-edge game development tool, or use any 3D development tool to enter.
Prizes sound very good for indie game producers who want a jump-start the development:
- The first place winner will receive Unity Pro ($1499 value).
- The second place winner will be given Unity Indie ($249 value) or receive a 33% discount on Unity Pro ($500 value).
- The third place winner will be given Unity Indie ($249 value)
- AND all three winners will get an ATI Mac Radeon X1900 XTl ($399 value).
- All qualifying entrants receive a nine month Unity Indie license
To enter, simply apply here before December 18 (11:59 PM GMT). Winners will be announced following the end of the contest on December 22, 2006 (11:59 PM GMT).
For complete rules and conditions, please visit the 3DU Contest page.