I’m going to reveal something I’ve planned for the future: I’m going to gather a group of professional game producers who have a day time job as a game producer. I hope to see something like 4-8 game producers who would be interested in spending few minutes per month to answer some specific question or questions regarding game production from site readers. The whole idea is to get to see different views in game production issues. In exchange these producers (and studios) would get publicity, help other developers and chance to bring their opinions public through a popular game producer blog.
The process would be quite simple:
1. Readers send questions to me
2. I compile a list of questions and send them to these 4-8 selected producers
3. Producers answer and email back to me
4. I publish the questions and answers at GameProducer.net
If you are a game producer in a big studio (and by big studio I mean that you have several hundreds of thousands development budget), then please consider contacting me. If you happen to be in some other position (like programmer, designer, artist, etc.) in such studio, consider mentioning this post to the game producer in your studio and ask if he would be interested in this.
This “Producers of the Round Table” (so to speak) wouldn’t mean more deadlines or pressure, but a relaxed chance to spare few minutes about reflect game production.
Producers of the Round Table – Current list
- Adrian Crook, Relic Entertainment. GP had interview with him some time ago.
- Harvard Bonin, senior producer at Electronic Arts.
- Peter O’Brien, producer at Bizarre Creations
- Robbie Edwards, Senior Producer Red Storm Entertainment / Ubisoft
- Jeremy Lee, producer at The Collective
- Ben Gunstone, production director at Stainless Games
Thanks guys for your support.