Challenge #12: Your Top 3 Video Game Characters?

Alright people, let’s bring some famous game characters here. What have been your favorite characters in games, and why? It’s actually quite hard to think about top three, since there’s lots of fine characters that you could choose. I simply took the three first that came to my mind, so here’s my top 3 list:

#3 – Pacman
Hungry chap. I never get bored seeing how Pacman keeps eating those thingies. He might be simple, but he got on my top 3 list..

#2 – Hulk
It’s green, and can smash things. I suppose breaking things in video games can give you some weird pleasure, but it sure is nice to break everything, and who could do it better than Hulk?

#1 – Guybrush Threepwood
The greatest pirate ever, what more can you wish?

Now, tell me your top 3 video game characters – and explain how they got in your list.

Update: Seems like several other people have already started mentioning their top 3 characters on their blogs. Check out: The Red Bull Diary, Man Bytes Blog, Kartones

20 thoughts on “Challenge #12: Your Top 3 Video Game Characters?

1. papamook

how about you have a ’3 most hated game characters’ list next Juuso?

(hmmm, trying to think of some… this might be tougher than the fave list!)

2. Pingback: mooktown blog

3. Pingback: PJ’s Attic: imagine a world » Top 3 VG Characters

4. Juuso - Game Producer Post author

Sargon: number 2… was it he like somebody that you couldn’t get pass no matter what?

Hey… I remember one more: “Lag Monster”. :) It was in rpg mud called “StickMud”, every time you experienced lag they printed “Horrible lag monster attacks taking your attention” (or something like that). He was not a nice one :)

5. Sargon

1. Alex kid, he is just sweet!
    2. The guardian from ultima, what a badass.
    3. That ninja guy from virtua fighter that stomps his enemies by jumping on them head first.

6. Pingback: KaRt0nEs Blog : Top 3 Video Game Characters

7. Dragkon

3. Kane from C&C. How has that not been mentioned?
    2. Sonic. The Hedgehog is just plain awesome. Deal with it.
    1. Wario. Mario has, “It’s a me, Mario”. Wario has, “It’s a Wii, Wario”. And you all thought that it was just the word we they were using to come up with the consoles name…

8. Karl Becker

3. The town drunk from the game DUST: A Tale of the Wired West. “Don’t touch that… thar’s LIQUOR in thar!” Every character from that game was quite entertaining.
    2. Pac Man – Influenced by Juuso, yes, but he is iconic. Elegant. Simple. And cool.
    1. Mario. He’s stayed more popular than Sonic, and he embodies a happy, care-free feeling to gaming, a feeling that is good for any person to have.

9. James

In no particular order, my top 3…

D0G (Half-Life 2 / There’s not much better than a 9ft mechanical robot pet. And after having played HL2 Ep1 and the HL2 Ep2 trailers… he just keeps getting better.)

SHODAN (System Shock 1 and 2 / There’s just something wholly frightening and disturbing about her. One of the best baddies ever.)

Smiling Jack (Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines / He’s just cool personified, with some truly astounding voice acting from John Di Maggio – aka Bender from Futurama & Marcus Fenix in Gears of War – that really brings him to life.)

There’s a ton more I could add… Sam & Max, Guybrush Threepwood, Murray, Commander Keen, Walton Simons, Purple Tentacle… ach.

Man this is really hard.

I guess

3: Duke Nukem
    2: Viewtiful Joe
    1: The Avatar (Ultima)

there’s probably tons more! Like Sonic or Mario or Link for example.

11. Pekka Kujansuu

My list is probably influenced by seeing Guybrush on Juuso’s list, and by the fact that I’m currently playing both Advance Wars DS and Ninja Gaiden Black, but I do like these characters, so here’s my list:

3. Grit from Advance Wars – for being so laid back.
    2. Ruy Hayabusa – for being a cold-blooded killing machine.
    1. Guybrush Threepwood – for his humorous antics.

12. Freeman

3. Cletus Clay – Yeah, it isn’t released, yet, but he will rock this world!
    2. Sonic the Hedgehog – Who doesn’t like to roll like the Critters?
    1. Duke Nukem – One liners a la Evil dead, I like that.

13. Pingback: Man Bytes Blog: A Frenzy of Lexicological Optimism » Top 3 VG Characters

14. Toni Mäkinen

3. Alyx Vance – Well, she’s just hot :)

2. Guybrush Threepwood – A great pirate with deatly fear of porcelain.

1. Larry ‘Leisure suit’ Laffer – Easily the funniest character I’ve ever had time with.

Tough to decide between one and two. Both really good characters.