Russell – one of the moderators – posed a question in the thread about “how incremental development is working for me”. The first day has been fine (great if you ask me, but I try to hold my enthusiasm ;) and I’ve managed to do what I estimated for today (and already learned great deal about how Ogre/C++ handles classes and stuff).
Perhaps this short video clip (2MB, MPG format) gives you a picture what’s going on.
I managed to get a dummy player character (casting stencil shadows) to move (good old ASWD) and rotate (nicely with mouse). Did couple of additional hours today (but won’t be working with the game for two days) so it’s a nice start.