I ordered something through one eCommerce system, and it certainly was an interesting experience trying to guess what my (untold) password might be. I’ve never experienced this before.
Here’s what happened:
1. I made an order through the eCommerce system
2. A text appeared on the screen telling my order number and saying that I would receive account information via email soon.
3. I waited and waited, but got no email.
4. I checked spam folder to see if the email was there. It wasn’t.
5. I decided to contact the eCommerce system (they had a “contact us” link in the order summary page)
6. I got a quick reply telling me “The system automatically sent you username and password. If you don’t see the email, please check your spam folder.” The support person continued (read carefully the following) “If you still don’t see it, you can re-request your password through the ‘Password Recovery’”
Do’h! Password recovery? I couldn’t get the password in the first place because I never got the first email. Then I’m told to use password recovery that will email me…. but that won’t help me because the emails don’t reach my mailbox. I got into endless loop of customer service.
Luckily I got the support people to set up everything for me manually, but it sure was interesting experience.
I still wonder why I never got their email…