What Project Management Software Are You Using?

This time I’ll be asking you. What project management software you (or your company) is using (besides the best possible tools)?

How would you rate your project management software? Please also tell reason for your rating.

13 thoughts on “What Project Management Software Are You Using?

1. Ashley

PlanningForce, the one I like most. You can get that at PlanningForce or through my link at name. I am not able to post links at the body.

2. Anna Smith

I am using a hosted Project Management software that suits my EPM needs is called valleyspeak project server, which I found at http://www.valleyspeak.com. One of the main reasons why I like the software is the fact that I could continue to work in Microsoft Project 2007 while sharing my Microsoft Project plans with my teams.

Because it is a hosted service, I did not have to buy expensive software or deal with installation and maintenance headaches. The functionality that I have with valleyspeak to manage my geographically dispersed teams works well for me. We also evaluated Basecamp and some other solutions but were not impressed. I would say “Just Go For It”.

3. John

We are using Intervals a web-based project management app that focuses primarily on time tracking and task management. It’s ideal for small businesses who bill by the hour.

4. karma

cvs is still doing it well enough for us… Has small quirks now and then but mostly good and compatible with eclipse IDE.

5. Lucian Ioan

We are developing RationalPlan. It is a desktop project management software designed for an easier user interface and guided project planning approach. Recommended for those that do not have to much knowledge about project management but powerful enough to develop serious projects. You can visit it at:

We believe that using a project management software should be as easy as possible and to limit the distance between what you consider “the best possible tools” and the computer.

6. Dan

If you’d like a tool for managing your time and projects, you can use this application inspired by David Allen’s GTD:

You can use it to manage and prioritize your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
    A mobile version and iCal are available too.

7. Ryan Wiancko

After experimenting with some huge robust systems build ontop of Oracle I finally lucked out and found dotproject (www.dotproject.net) and what a godsend. While it isn’t at the level that Ubisoft might use for my team of remotely located artists it keeps everyone on track with ease. I can easily get overviews of our progress, who is lagging behind and so forth.. It automatically schedules meetings, sends out emails to remind them of the meetings or when their deadlines are approaching as well as when they are overdue.
    Great piece of software!