NOTICE: THIS TIME WE HAVE A ‘PROTOTYPE’ ABOUT A GAME THAT’S ROLE PLAYED VIA TWITTER. NOT MUCH TO DOWNLOAD, NOR MUCH SCREENIES TO SHOW HERE.
Okay, it’s time for the 4th mini-game of mine. This time it’s bit different (you don’t get to download anything, well maybe Tweetdeck but that’s it). The 4th game is played in Twitter, and this is an role playing game called Nudgers. Nudgers are few inch long, almost liquid-like creatures that live inside humans. Their main way to do anything is to nudge (or poke) human’s brain to get it to do something useful.
What you need is:
- Twitter account and some proper client software (such as Tweetdeck)
- Some knowledge on how Twitter works
- Open mind…
- Participate in the game by creating twitter messages (tweets). I’ll explain more about this later.
- Each day (or twice a day) the game progresses and I’ll describe what happens.
Goal of the game:
The objective is that all of you who participate (by everybody via “search @nudgers”) will collectively decide what you should do next.
I, as a “storyteller”, will tell what happens based on the “votes” you have given.
There is no specific goal, or it might be revealed during the game. It’s role playing game you know.
Here’s some rules
- This game lasts for 7 days.
- I’ll write some tweets that describe what’s going on the world of Nudgers. I’ll present you with some options that you guys can use. Each of these tweets will contain phrase “@nudgers” (so that it’s easy to follow by doing a search for @nudgers in the client). For example, I could write “#nudgers You see a huge creature approaching, what will you do? Round 1: ATTACK – FLEE – NOTHING – TALK“.
- You will need to write what you think you should do (for example “#nudgers – round1 – ATTACK“)
- After 12-24 hours, I’ll collect the answers and see which action you guys collectively decided to do, and describe the next round (if you are still alive…)
- All this takes place in Twitter (my nudgers account being the central place to follow, @nudgers search being the the place where all messages will be visible)
- You (per twitter account) control one Nudger living inside a human body – all other player controlled nudgers will also live inside the same body.
- You are allowed to vote ONE ACTION per round (and not allowed to change your mind: what’s nudged is nudged).
- It’s a must that you write your action in UPPER CASE, otherwise it won’t count.
- You are allowed to suggest an action and argument why you guys should flee/attack/whatnot. Simply type your suggestion to @nudgers channel and say why exactly you should attack. Maybe others will follow your advice…
- I trust you not to try to break the game, since I believe that could be easy. :)
Just see what goes on in the @nudgers search and tweet “@nudgers – round X – ACTION” when new round is available.
If anything is unclear, don’t worry – I neither really don’t know how well this will go.
- Join Twitter
- Follow my Nudgers account or check my page twitter.com/nudgers
- Keep eye on the #nudgers search
- Bonus: I really recommend downloading Tweetdeck or some other software, it will make your Twitter-life much easier. Don’t even bother with the website interface.
See you there…
This game will last 7 days and your Nudgers might die during it. I don’t know what will happen – it’s up to you. And I have absolutely no plans to run another game after the 7 days.
I know this might sound bit odd, but let’s just try and see how this goes. I’ve done bit similar thing with 5-6 guys… but don’t know what happens if many of you really are gonna participate. Well, I guess that’s the reason this is called a prototype…
World of Nudgers – the introduction
Humans. Those large creatures think that they are in control. Little do they understand that there’s higher force controlling them. Well, not perhaps a higher force, but at least a force: Nudgers. Nudgers who have sticks.
Nudgers are small creatures who wander inside human bodies. These troll-like creatures are only couple of inch long, but like to use their stick to poke the human brain. Whenever a human person brushes his teeth, you can rest assured there was Nudgers nudging his brain. Whenever you see humans doing stupid things, well, there’s Nudgers who caused that.
In one stormy night, a group of Nudgers had invaded a new human body that was lying motionless in a forest. You notice several nudgers around you and must now decide what you plan to do next. continues here…