Just read comment from one of you readers:
hi, im new here, this is my first post to this blog, i just ask to this blog owner, what is your target to build this famous blog with million traffic? does it including for making money? can you reply my question to my mail? thanks very much for your apreciation, i pursiate that if you want to reply my answer,
While I won’t be answering via email, I thought that the question was so interesting that I just had to write the answer here, in a specific blog post.
So… why do I do this stuff? (stuff here meaning writing this blog)
Here’s some things that have happened to me after I started writing this blog:
- I’ve got some pretty cool contacts ranging from producers from top notch companies such as EA, Sony, Relic, and many more
- Even cooler: I’ve come to know many, many more indie developers than I did earlier
- Almost million unique visitors have been here on this blog (that’s pretty cool)
- I’ve got job offers from some nice places (even from here in Finland, and we don’t have many companies here)
- I’ve got to work with various really interesting companies and I’ve been able to help people out
- There’s people saying that they like the site content (that’s like the best thing to hear)
- I’ve got some decent deals and got some decent income from various places
- I’ve managed to share some pics of our dogs
- I’ve learned a lot
But… none of these is the main reason why I like to (do gaming stuff and) update this blog. The “thanks” part is of course really nice (and can’t blame for any $$$), and even though there’s like million people who have came here, the main reason why I do this stuff is:
- Because I like doing this stuff.
It’s just simple as that.
I like writing this stuff. It really didn’t matter to me whether there was 1 or 1000 or 1 million people reading this stuff. I… just like doing this and now have been doing this for like 4 years or so. When the site traffic went up, I continued writing. When it got down, I continued writing. When it got back up again, I continued writing.
I guess this is no different from you guys who read this blog: you also like doing indie stuff and will be doing that even if you were the last person on earth. (Hey, that’s a good definition for indie I’d say)
We just like doing this stuff and keep on doing as long as it’s fun. Right?