Here’s my list, in no any specific order:
- people skills
- organizating skills
- ability to understand importance of details
- ability to see the big picture
- open mind
- ability to listen
- continous improvement
- troll killer
- doesn’t gives rat’s
arse bottom attitude, sometimes
- realizing that making an overnight success takes at least 11 years
- ability to see what works
- did I mention passion?
- respect for different people
- habit of thanking people
- math & physics knowledge is a plus: it helps in many areas
- realizing that nobody will steal your game idea, no matter how hard you try (we simply don’t ever fully see what you do, before you’ve finished)
- determination to finis things
- more determination to polish after finish (it was a fortunate typo in the sentence above this one)
- understanding that graphics most likely isn’t the thing you can compete with
And many, many more.
What would you add on this list?