The Playstation network (and/or PS Store) has been down for something like 2 million years now, making some games still unplayable, but I don’t care.
- PS3 is a blu-ray player: I don’t want additional bluray player and Xbox. I want to have as few devices in my living room as possible.
- There was one day when I had no 3D player, but it changed in one night. For free. Last year, Sony decided that they want to give me a 3D player and made software update which made my PS3 to magically allow playing of 3D stuff. That is like awesome customer service, me likes very much.
- My bro has PS3: we can share our games & play online too. That wouldn’t happen if one of us got Xbox or something else.
- My PS3 has bluetooth: headset, controllers. This is amazingly great feature since I don’t want any hassle. Heck, I can go to kitchen and keep talking or controlling my precious thingy.
- Xbox services got hacked last time about month ago and apparently in year 2007 there was a hack which kept service doors closed.
The point is, that I like my PS3 device and I’m not letting other people decide my actions on this.
If one day I’d want to switch console, here’s some reasons why I might consider getting Xbox 360:
- Kinect & possible Kinect indie game development (just think about the possibilities of creating a game where you must move like a zombie… slowly and unsteadily…)
- Xbox development possibilities: Microsoft has a solid foundation for making games for Xbox console, Playstation has close to zero opportunities for Joe Indie to try do PS development.
When making decisions, sometimes I like to think where I’m heading rather than what I’m running away from.