I co-op played Portal 2 for a few hours with a buddy of mine. The game is super-duper fun. There’s nothing I’d remove, nothing to add.
Portal 2 co-op gets 100 out of the 100 points from me, based on the first hours. I was considering 99 points due loading times, but decided to go all the way. 100 points it is. I heard some people reduce points when games are “too short”, but “too short” game for me most likely means “time passed way too fast when playing this game”…
It has all the necessary qualities to make a fun gaming experience, here’s some highlights:
- Bought a 2 pack via Steam sale, so it cost like 9ish euros per copy. Which is like almost criminally cheap.
- It has short levels: easy to play in short bursts.
- Co-op. I luv co-op.
- It beats puzzle games: normally in single-player puzzle games if you get stuck, fun goes out of the window. In Portal 2, you have buddy to play the game with. That means you both can try give parts of the solution.
- Network works. That’s a pretty good for a multiplayer game.
- Simple menus: no fooling around, just click’n’play in no time.
- “One more turn” aka one more level. I just want to keep going.
- Clean and good graphics that fit the game
I try and come up with flaws or bad things in that game (of course I’m thinking from my subjective point-of-view)… but there isn’t really any. Maybe the loading times could be bit faster, but hey – I survived C64 cassette loading, waiting few seconds is just good for me.
Maybe I change the rating after playing the game all the way, but I must say that good job devs.